The Human Resources Department plays a huge role in the success of a bar or restaurant. Especially in larger chain-type restaurants and hotels. Let’s take a closer look.
Human Resources Responsibilities
Below is a list of some of the responsibilities of an effective Human Resources Department:
- Controls employee compensation and bonus’s
- Evaluate and screen potential employees
- Manages payroll, overtime, holiday pay and more
- Manages employee contracts and other job offers
- Creates well-detailed plans for the hiring process
- Keeps track of overtime, scheduling, and vacation/sick days
- Monitor online applications
- Tracks turnover rates and recruiting efforts
- Makes sure all employees follow health and safety laws
- Arbitrates employee and management disputes
I won’t go into any great detail here. Just know that if your immediate supervisor or the management team as a whole cannot resolve any issues you may have – it might be time to get Human Resources involved.